Wednesday 28 July 2010

Wild Rice Salad

I love rice salads. You can add all sorts to them, use any old dressing and end up with a great lunch.

This is my, slightly haphazard, recipe.  There are no measurements, you can bung as much or as little as you want of everything in. I usually make up a big tub full, which will last for a few days in the fridge in a sealed container.

Ingredients:
  Wild / long grain rice
  Red onion
  Tomatoes
  Peppers
  Olive oil
  Balsamic vinegar
  Dijon mustard
  Ground black pepper
 

  1. Cook and drain the rice, then rinse in cold water.  Leave to cool.
  2. Make the dressing by mixing together 2 parts olive oil, 1 part balsamic vinegar and 1 part dijon mustard. Then add some ground black pepper.
  3. Once the rice is completely cool, stir in the dressing.
  4. Chop the onion, tomatoes and peppers and stir them in too.
And that's it, easy. The hardest bit will be not scoffing the lot in one go!

You could add all sorts of yummy things to this recipe ... chicken, bacon, chorizo, spring onion, cucumber, olives etc. Whatever's lurking in fridge ... bung it in.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blog land, I am only pretty new to blogging myself but have found it to be a wonderful & supportive community so I think you will get lots of inspiration for your weightloss quest. Best of luck, come drop by my blog as I would love to keep in touch,we can encourage each other!!!

    ReplyDelete